Every science student prepare for competitive exam in class 12th where KVPY SX is one of them. Many student dreams to become an astronomer and scientist so KVPY SX is what they can give.
Importance of KVPY SX for 12th student:
KVPY SX is an scholarship program and if you are able to qualify this exam in your 12th than its an great opportunity because you have your career secured before even passing class 12th.
Some of the advantages of clearing KVPY SX are:
- Admission in top institutes of India like IISc and IISER before clearing 12th
- Direct access in any library
- Name on the official site of KVPY
By qualifying KVPY SX you get direct admission in top university of India like IISc or any of IISER which are some of the top university for bachelor degree in basic science.
On top of that you get scholarship of 5000Rs per month from 1st to 3rd year during your bachelor degree and 7000Rs per month during your masters
Then you are issued with an identification card which is valid in any national libraries of India.
Eligibility criteria for KVPY SX:
|Category||Marks required in Xth in maths and science subjects (PCB)|
|Pwd (person with disability)||65%|
What if you your are not eligible for KVPY SX ?
Marking scheme in KVPY SX:
Your paper will be divided into two parts. Part 1 consist of a total of 80 questions (20 questions from each of the 4 subjects). A candidate can appear for any three subjects in part 1 so it means 60 questions in part 1.
Part 2 consists of 40 questions (10 questions from each of the 4 subjects) and you can appear for any two subjects so it means you have to answer 20 questions from part 2.
In part 1: For each correct answer you will be awarded 1 mark and for each wrong answer, 0.25 marks will be cut.
In part 2: For each correct answer you will be awarded 2 marks and for each wrong answer, 0.5 marks will be cut.
Refer to the below table to understand more:-
|Subject||Positive marks for each correct answer||Negative marks for each wrong answer|
|Part 1:||Physics||1 marks||0.25 marks|
|Chemistry||1 marks||0.25 marks|
|Maths||1 marks||0.25 marks|
|Biology||1 marks||0.25 marks|
|Part 2:||Physics||2 marks||0.50 marks|
|Chemistry||2 marks||0.50 marks|
|Maths||2 marks||0.50 marks|
|Biology||2 marks||0.50 marks|
Syllabus of KVPY SX:
So here is the list of chapter and syllabus for KVPY SX:
|KVPY SX Physics Syllabus|
|Physics:||Electromagnetic induction and Alternating current|
|Source of energy|
|Work,Energy and Power|
|Physical world and Measurement|
|Magnetic Effects of Current|
|KVPY SX Chemistry Syllabus|
|Periodic classification of Elements|
|States of matter:Gases and liquids|
|Metals and Non-Metals|
|Basic Concepts of Chemistry|
|Classification of Elements|
|Periodicity in Properties|
|KVPY SX Maths Syllabus|
|Surface Area and volume|
|Introduction to trigonometry|
|Vector and 3-D geometry|
|Statistics and Probability|
|Relations and function|
|KVPY SX biology Syllabus|
|Biology:||Genetics and Evolution|
|Ecology and Environment|
|Cell: Structure and Function|
|Control and coordination in animal and plants|
|Biology and human welfare|
|Diversity in living organisms|
How to prepare for KVPY SX ?
KVPY SX is national level scholarship exam for class12th science student who want to pursue their career in basic science and don’t forget if you are going to appear for KVPY SX than your boards are also this year only. So a proper time management and planning is necessary for this.
Before planning for KVPY preparation we need to know when exam is conducted and procedure of exam.
Important dates for KVPY SX:
|Application form:||Can be filled now|
|Last date of application||20th August (5:00 pm according to I.S.T)|
|Admit card availability||2nd week of October|
|Exam dates||3rd November|
|Answer key released||4th week of November|
|Objection on answer key||Till end of November|
|Final Answer key||First week of December|
|Aptitude test result for SA,SX and SB||December|
|Final result declaration||April|
Selection procedure for KVPY SX:
Cutoff of SC/ST and Pwd are always same whereas for general category cutoffs were generally high due to reservation system of India
- You have to appear for aptitude test and after that based on score in aptitude test shortlisted students are called for interview round.
- There are various interview center of KVPY across India where selected student have to go for interview round.
- Based on your score and performance on aptitude test and interview round final results are declared with the list of student who are qualified KVPY.
P.s: KVPY SX and KVPY SB syllabus and subject difficulty is almost same so below is the difficulty and info based on KVPY SB but this apply for KVPY SX as well because there is no such huge difference.
Personal preparation tips:
- Proper time management
- Priorities your chapters according to weightage
- Proper strategy to achieve your goals.
Proper time management:
- Your KVPY exam will be held before your board in the month of November.
- You need to prepare for boards as well.
- During your interview round your practicals will be going on.
- Studies common topic/chapters which are in boards and KVPY as well. Will cear basic concept of these topics and try to solve conceptual question by this at the same time I can prepare for KVPY as well as boards.
- Study for KVPY specially for 2hrs in a day there is no prescribed time you can study whenever you want where ever you want only goad you need to accomplished is to study 2hrs daily.
- There can be scenarios such as practical journals and everything what I would have done is instead of writing whole journals in 1 or 2 days , write small small portion of it every day from the beginning of September only by this there would not be much load of journals during KVPY exam in November.
- Try to solve previous year KVPY SX papers. Link to papers and solution are given below in the important link section.
Priorities your chapters according to weightage:
So as you can see more number of questions are asked from mechanics so be prepare to have your basics cleared before appearing for KVPY SX physics and plan and priorities your chapters list accordingly.
After viewing these tables you will now have a clear idea that which chapter you should complete first and how to priorities your chapters list accordingly.
Proper strategy to achieve your goals:
Now you know what you should prepare and when to prepare, Next tip I will tell you is to have a proper strategy in your mind from which chapters you need to solve first or which subject to attempt first and all these kinds of things.
To clear KVPY SX, smart work is also needed along with hard work.
Unlike KVPY SA, KVPY SX/Sb stream candidates have two parts in their question paper. In part 1 you need to attempt any of the three subject from PCMB whereas in part 2 you only need to appear for any two subject.
So ,Above I have given you difficulty level analysis of each subject in KVPY SX and on basis of that you should appear for PCM or PCB but when you go for attempting part 2 you should go for Physics and chemistry only because number of easy question in both these subjects are high compare to maths and biology.
Well this depends on each individual on whether which subject you are comfortable based on their skills but this is what I will recommend you to go for physics and chemistry in part 2.
If you are the one who is willing to prepare for KVPY SB as well. Take a look on this article where i have discussed both the scenarios of KVPY SB preparation if you are in 12th year and first year. So do look if you willing to prepare for KVPY SB. Click here
Comment down if you have any query related to KVPY SX