Well, both the word have almost the same meaning but still they are different, confused right ? So was I, just so even you don’t get confused between these two words here are 8 differences between excretion and egestion.
These both words have the same work of eliminating waste but both take place in different places. Excretion is the process where the waste is removed from your cells of the body. Egestion is the process of removing undigested food from your body through anus.
Excretion v/s Egestion
Difference between excretion and egestion:
Here is a table showing you 8 differences between excretion and egestion:
1. Excretion is the process where the waste is removed from your cells of the body.
Egestion is the process of removing undigested food from your body through anus.
2. The materials discharged are metabolic wastes such as carbon dioxide or oxygen
The materials discharged are undigested food and other poisonous substances left from digestion.
3. Excretion takes place through nose, skin and urethra.
Egestion takes place through anus and somtimes mouth.
4. The process of excretion takes place in both animals and plants.
The process of egestion takes place on in animals.
5. The process of excretion happens in the cells of the body.
The process of egestion happens through anus.
6. The material which is excreted is sweat, urine and carbon dioxide.
The material of egestion is faeces.
7. Excretion is a total separate life process.
Egestion is a part of digestion.
8. Excretion is an important process in living organism.
Egestion is connected with feeding.
Excretion takes place both in plants and animals of the living organisms. It eliminates the metabolic wastes that the cells produce which needs to be removed in order for the cells to stay clean. It can be of any type sweat, urine, via nose (carbon dioxide), kidneys and lungs. Excretion is an important process because it maintains homeostasis, internal balance of an organism’s system and also regulates the temperature of multicellular organisms such as the vertebrates.
Egestion takes place only in animals. The process where faeces are eliminated out of your body through anus is called egestion. It is simply the food which has been leftover after the process of digestion. Not only anus but it can also take place through mouth but only sometimes.